SIGN UP FOR
OUR NEWS LETTER
MAKE A DONATIONDONATE
NHL Provides Return To Sport Protocol Memo
By Michael Walters
The National Hockey League provided a long 29-page memo today containing the protocol for Phase 2.
Main Highlights From The Memo:
1. The NHL is targeting an early date in June for Phase 2.
2. Player participation is strictly voluntary.
3. Only 6 players max allowed in a facility at one time.
4. The on-ice sessions are for players only, no coaches or other personnel will be allowed.
5. Face coverings shall be worn at all times when entering or leaving the facility and while inside where social distancing cannot be maintained. Coverings are not required when skating on the ice or exercising.
6. All players will be tested prior to entering any practice facility.
Basically the memo is extremely lengthy as it contains many guidelines and protocols regarding small-group workouts at team facilities when Phase 2 begins. There is no discussion about Phase 3 (training camps) or Phase 4 (return to play) in the memo.
The full memo can be viewed here: Phase 2 Memo
NHL Draft Update:
The NHL Draft Lottery is expected to take place on June 26th according to Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports, although not confirmed yet. The dates for the actual draft have not been determined yet.
Want to start your sports media career? Then Join The Puck Network!
There are openings to cover your favorite team(s) and earn school credits! If you are interested, then apply by filling out the form here: Join Our Team. What are you waiting for? Start your sports media career TODAY!
May 25th, 2020